Help for the Secret in the Cellar Interactive Webcomic
How to Navigate
This Webcomic has a few simple features. The main controls you will use are located at the lower right of each panel. Use the back and next buttons (i.e., arrows) to access each page in order.
Links in the bottom left corner provide access to a variety of supplementary materials that add background detail to the story. See below if you have issues viewing or using the links. The types of materials you will see are:
- Article - Magazine-style article that gives background on a topic discussed on the panel.
- Activity - Key evidence and methods are introduced that are needed to solve the important questions of the case; you can analyze the evidence and answer those questions.
- Image - Photograph of an item mentioned on the panel.
- Web site - Link to a Web page that supports a topic mentioned on the panel.
- Definition - Explanation of a term mentioned on the panel.
- Role - Description of a person's professional background and who is mentioned on the panel.
How to Access Supplemental Materials
Click any topic (listed in order of appearance in the story) to view and/or print the article, activity, image, Web site, definition, or role, either in HTML or PDF format.
Note: For a printable version, select the PDF file.
* Need a PDF reader? Download here.
How to Print The Secret in the Cellar Webcomic
For a printable version of the entire Webcomic, open the The Secret in the Cellar Webcomic in PDF format . You can also download a Zip file with all PDF files for the Webcomic and all supplemental materials in single 13.5 MB .zip file (right click the link to save the file to your computer).
- A text-only version is available for those with vision problems.
- If the links along the bottom of the Webcomic don’t work for you:
- Ensure that you allow pop-ups for this site (turn off pop-up blockers). If you are using Google Chrome, and click on a link such as "Print & Help," look for a notification box in the lower, right-hand corner that says "Pop-ups Blocked." Click on the notice and then on the webcomic url that appears. Do not click on the X within the notification box.
- If you can’t see the navigation buttons along the bottom of the Webcomic:
- The Webcomic is designed to run optimally in a new browser window with minimal toolbars on a 1024 x 768 display.
- If the Webcomic is showing in a separate browser window, try resizing the browser window. The Webcomic should adjust to display within the window.
- If the Webcomic is showing within a browser tab, try resizing the browser window until the Webcomic shows or consider changing your browser setting to enable the Webcomic to display in a separate window. For example: in IE7 click Tools > Internet Options > Tabbed Browsing Settings > When a pop-up is encountered > Let Internet Explore decide how pop-ups should open.