Smithsonian Olmec Legacy

Website Search Box
Human figurine, La Venta, Tabasco

Artifact Image Gallery

Record Count: (226 - 250 out of 743)

Figurine Fragments

Figurine Fragments

Lot of 21 figurine heads. All stylized differently. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragments

Figurine Fragments

Two figurine heads, one with red hair/headdress. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragment

Figurine Fragment

Figurine head, with red hair/headdress. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragments

Figurine Fragments

Lot of 15 figurine heads. Some signs of red slipping. All differently styled. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragments

Figurine Fragments

Lot of 15 figurine heads. Some signs of red slipping. All differently styled. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragments

Figurine Fragments

Lot of nine figurine heads. All differently styled. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragments

Figurine Fragments

Lot of nine figurine heads. All differently styled. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragments

Figurine Fragments

Three figurine heads. All differently styled. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragments

Figurine Fragments

Two figurine heads. One with headband, other with rounded cap? From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragment

Figurine Fragment

Figurine head with ear spools, hole punched through neck. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragment

Figurine Fragment

Figurine head with ear spools, tall, wrap around headdress, large bead eyes, open mouth. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragment

Figurine Fragment

Figurine head with ear spools, tall, wrap around headdress, large eyes. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragment

Figurine Fragment

Figurine head with conical headdress and beard. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragments

Figurine Fragments

Four figurine heads, some with “buns” in their hair. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragment

Figurine Fragment

Broad, solid figurine head. With red pigment in hair/headdress. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragment

Figurine Fragment

Broad, hollow figurine head. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragment

Figurine Fragment

Figurine head with white pigment. Section of head missing. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragments

Figurine Fragments

Lot of eight figurine heads, one with piercing through headdress. All differently styled. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragments

Figurine Fragments

Lot of eight figurine heads, one with piercing through headdress. All differently styled. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragment

Figurine Fragment

Red clay figurine head with very large eyes, ear spools. Slanted mouth. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragment

Figurine Fragment

Ceramic figurine head with wide open mouth. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragment

Figurine Fragment

Incised and pierced figurine head. With large eyes and mouth, ear spool. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragment

Figurine Fragment

Figurine with round punched eyes and mouth. Hole through headdress. Missing lower body. Arms at chest. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragment

Figurine Fragment

Seated figurine, with missing legs and one arm. Hand on mid-region. Circular pendant with cross design. Red pigment, ear spools, “braid” at back of head on figurine. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.

Figurine Fragment

Figurine Fragment

Figurine with body below chest missing. One arm curled up with hand on head. Missing right arm. With ear spools, large open mouth, large eyes. From Tlatilco, site 2½ miles west of Tacuba, D.F. Part of collection of “archeological material purchased from natives in various parts of Mexico and presented to the U.S. National Museum by Dr. W.F. Foshag” in 1945.


Return to Search

[ TOP ]